Keycards & key fobs
One medium for all applications
Every electronic locking device and time and attendance system needs an "identification medium" (also called access medium). These come in various shapes and forms, e.g. keycards / smartcards, ID cards, key fobs, key rings, combined mechanical and electronic keys, etc.
With a Kaba system, you can use all modern identification methods, including biometric terminals. You can use the Kaba access media flexibly, depending on your application and required level of convenience. The same medium can carry all the following functions:
- Time-based access authorisation for higher security. You define who should have access where and when
- Recording of every occurrence on the medium (log file), facilitating a precise investigation after an incident
- Several additional functions, e.g. cashless payment, time and attendance, secure printing, access to machinery, etc.
- Several technologies possible, including Legic prime, Legic advant, Mifare, etc.
- Central software to facilitate simple management, e.g. revoking of access rights when a card is lost
An electronic key carries the chip on the key head. It opens mechanical as well as electronic locks, so the user needs to carry only one access medium for all locks.
Also known as ID cards or badges, smartcards are highly popular, as they can be printed with the user’s credentials and the organisation’s logo. This makes visual identity checks possible, which enhances security.
Electronic key rings
Electronic key rings provide the same functionality as electronic keys or smartcards, which is useful if the latter are unsuitable due to shape or other reasons.
Kaba TouchGo key fob
This key fob combines user convenience and high security. It works like smartcards as described above, but can also unlock doors without being taken out of the pocket or handbag (the user just needs to touch the door handle). You can define which feature to use on which door.
Fingerprints or iris scans can be used either instead of or in addition to the above forms of identification. Kaba is a leading provider of biometric identification and verification which offer both security and efficiency advantages.
- Finding us